Why write?

"If you don’t write, you can’t really be aware of who you are. Not even mentioning of who you are not."
Pascal Mercier

Saturday 8 June 2013

Sleep well!



I kicked-off my sneakers to feel the sand underneath. Under the tarmac or pavement are fortunately not the only places where you can find beaches in Holland, even nowadays. Lucky me: beaches can usually be found on - guess what - the beach! Of course, you need to be able to get there, get up really early, or be patient with traffic jams, then find a place to park - but once you’re there, you can kick off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes.

I was grounded. The electrical charges accumulated in my body were unloaded, through the sand, to the water, to Mother Earth. I connected to the Earth’s natural energy. And everything became very vibrant that very instant. At least, it should have.




You don’t believe me? Just check:
There even exist products, such as bed sheets with silver wiring, or universal pads to use elsewhere, which you connect to the earth of your socket, and there you are - as if on the beach. 

I’m not really skeptical - I just don’t believe it yet. For cost down reasons, I would have preferred someone to tell me getting buckets of rain on your head reconnects you to those energies, because in Holland that luxury is available most of the time and free of charge. Unfortunately, I was told I needed the sheet. With conductive silver threat, starting at 139 dollars. Oops. 

The good thing is, there’s another way of getting connected - just walk on unpaved ground with bare feet. A beach is a good choice. When I’m on holiday, I always walk bare feet on the beach or on the grass - and I have to say it works - because I always feel much better on the beach than in the office. That is convincing, but not enough, as obviously there can be hundreds of other reasons why one feels better on the beach than in the office (for instance the fact that one likes to look at sea stars, and those are really scarce in offices). So I’m still hesitating when it comes to a bed sheet at 139 dollars...  A cheap alternative, walking bare feet all year round in Holland may finally turn out more expensive, as it increases your health care expenses. It does allow you to cut down on, or squarely eliminate, shoe costs, but...

But I like high heels. They make me feel high. 

On the other hand, if you’re on high heels, you’re not connected to Mother Earth’s energies, which could explain why the Sunday beach vibrancy evaporated by Monday noon.

Being earthed when you sleep is supposed to give you great dreams. With time it makes you need less sleep. That sounds like a very good idea for someone who currently needs at least 8. I did sleep veeeery well indeed after that day on the beach, unfortunately a bit long, tired by the sun and the wind. So, however much I wanted to get convinced, I’m still 139 dollars away from believing earthing really works. The benefits are very tempting though, so I'm not completely giving up on this idea...

I know someone who has a sheet like this and says it works miracles. But then again, would you dare ask someone if you could borrow his bed sheet? 

Niels Bohr, a 1922 Nobel Prize winner in physics, is said to have hung a horseshoe above his door, and, when asked if he believed in such superstitions, to reply:
“Of course not... But I’m told it works even if you don’t believe in it.”

I’m afraid a bed sheet at 139 dollar needs really strong faith though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment