Why write?

"If you don’t write, you can’t really be aware of who you are. Not even mentioning of who you are not."
Pascal Mercier

Sunday 8 July 2012

Stupid Cupid



-          There’s something special about you. – he looked at her face as if she was a precious work of art. – You have this… this…, I don’t know, this something in you, that not many people have. I can’t find the right word. – he  sounded very convincing, as his voice slightly trembled. - Really exceptional, I feel like we should have met long ago. It’s funny, I can’t really point to where this something is located – maybe it’s your eyes, or the way you smile? The way you blush when you’re embarrassed? Your funny accent? No, that’s not that. There’s this something. I don’t know. – gently, he followed the line of her jaw with his palm. – A parabole. A quintessence.
She looked at him in awe, feeling her freshly discovered quintessence light up inside. “I always sensed I was in some way special, but never knew it was visible”. But she said nothing. No need to put big red signs next to the most picturesque path.

Being in love is a temporary situation when someone else shares our own opinion of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment